Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

New Year's Day. A fresh start to the next year and the first day of the rest of my life. It’s the best day because it is today and I am alive and well. As Ralph Waldo Emerson put it: Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. Take a moment. Be grateful for another year lived a day at a time. What is your dream for this year? Start on it today. Dreams are what give birth to progress . . . I have some dreams for this year and I know I’ll make mistakes. In the words of Neil Gaiman: “Hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something.” Embrace mistakes—they’re a signal that you’re human. The only people who make no mistakes are those that have died! Avoid embarrassment about mistakes. Embarrassment is a choice, so stop choosing it. I know I’ll make mistakes this year, learn from them (hopefully) and get busy making more. Have a happy day and a wonderful year!
 
 

No comments: